Monday, August 26, 2013

Under the Sun by Geri Phillips (a poem nerd)

My inspiration for this poem was The Book of Ecclesiastics

In my life I have loved, laughed and cried.
I have partied with drink; and I ran with the crowd yet,
they did not fill me and so I sighed.

Under the sun did I live and dwell;
Under the sun; I am here to tell.

There were times of mourning; there were times that I dared to stray;
There were times of excitement but that too just faded away,

Under the sun in this worldly place;
Under the sun; I ran the race.

In an empty place therein my life I knelt to pray;
In that moment came joy unlike that of any other day.

More and more did I draw from His grace and my emptiness was filled.
A faith I had all along grew, as was God's will.

And even nowadays as somedays are hard and I get a bit down,
I am reminded that I am God's daughter. I am heaven bound.

I look up and out on the horizon and  find joy and love; peace and forgiveness. Yes I look to the One.
And I will always be reminded look above and never focus my attention under the Sun.






No comments: