Monday, February 25, 2013

My Catholic Faith

I am a cradle Catholic. Therefore I grew up doing all the so misunderstood things that other Christians question. When i grew up i didn't think too much about it until i began going through trials and turning to God for strength. As my relationship with the Lord grew i started asking questions myself. I now know a lot more about my catholic Christianity yet have more to learn.
Scott Hahn is a wonderful resource for learning more about the faith.

I have found that when you go to mass
You are actually closer to heaven on earth than you can get. Everything about the mass celebration comes from scripture, from the old testament and the new. In celebration of the new covenant of our Lord Jesus Christ we Catholics believe that we are indeed partaking in what Jesus had intended and that we are taking the body and blood that is of Jesus and that of God's new covenant. In the old testament when God called for a lamb's sacrifice, He called for the lamb to be eaten. Likewise Jesus called the same of His sacrifice.

"Then Jesus said to them: I am the bread of life. Whoever comes to me shall not hunger, and whoever believes in me shall never thirst. And so, Jesus said to them: Amen, amen, I say to you, unless you eat the flesh of the Son of man and drink his blood, you will not have life in you." (John 6:35, 54 CPDV)
Mass is beautiful!



No comments: